Is it just me or are there an inordinate amount of ridiculously good-looking football players out there? Like 95% at least. So this observation came because the World Cup begins in, ooh, about 2 hours and there’s never been a better reason to watch it. In fact, I’m prepared to say right now that this is the best-looking coupe du monde teams ever (even though Poland and the luscious Artur Boruc didn’t make the cut). Behold! Ten reasons to watch this year’s World Cup (in no particular order).
1. A good chunk of the Italian national football team.
(L-R) Italy's Antonio di Natale, Federico Marchetti, Domenico Criscito, Vincenzo Iaquinta and Claudio Marchisio.
2. Dios mio!
Paraguay's Roque Santa Cruz
3. The Polish blood would explain the hotness.
Germany's Lukas Podolski
4. He IS American but I can overlook that, or at least can’t see past his adorableness to care.
The USA's Carlos Bocanegra
5. Leader of the pack in the French team in more ways than one. Too bad Chamakh plays for Morocco instead of his native France or else he may have been a contender.
France's Yoann Gourcuff
6. Lushest goalkeeper, second only to the aforementioned Artur Boruc.
Spain's Victor Valdes
7. He’s a devout, Bible passage-citing Christian and was a virgin until he got married which seems against the laws of nature.
8. As cute as a puppy. One of the few blondies as well.
Denmark's Nicklas Bendtner
9. Not usually a freckle fan but Nando does it perfectly.
Spain's Fernando Torres
10. No list is complete without the King of Metro.
Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo
- The Netherlands’ Robin van Persie and Ibrahim Afellay
- Portugal’s Miguel Veloso
- Slovenia’s Bojan Jokic and Nejc Pečnik
- Spain’s Gerard Pique
- France’s Cedric Carrasso and Andre-Pierre Gignac
- Australia’s Nikita Rukavytsya, Carl Valeri, Harry Kewell, and Tim Cahill.
- USA’s Benny Feilhaber
- Germany’s Manuel Neuer
GO THE SOCCEROOS!!